Sunday 25 August 2013

Date night on a budget



Its me again, with a second post of the day (oooh snazzy!) but this post is a fashion post (snazzy again) and in this post I am going to create an outfit, with a budget of £50 which i think is a good amount for a student or just a person on a general monthly budget who's got a cheeky date they want to look uber fabulous for!

So, I went searching the good old interweb looking for some bargains that look posh and oh boy, youre in for a treat! 

For this look, ive gone for a girly classy look. So, as its summer and lots of lovely girlies have tans, ive gone for a "cream" which I personally think is more on the white side dress from Boohoo. 

Dress; £20.00 

Its called the Nadine Scallop Lace Belted Skater Dress. The thing I like about this is that the lace detailing at the top is very sweet. The V neck lace line is very delicate which then goes into a suttle sweetheart neck line which is absolutely great for all body shapes. Also, because of the style of the dress (skater) it is slimming and fits all figures nicely shaping you in all the right places. The gold belt also adds that little bit of glamour if you want it, which you could also remove. 

If it gets chilly during the night you will want a light cardy to pop over the dress so i just went for a simple black cardigan from New Look. 

Cardigan; £9.99 
Well, where can you go without shoes?! As were all different, im going to add in two pair of shoes, one pair of high heels and one pair of flats.
Heels; £15.00


These very cute little peep toe heels will go amazingly with the dress and cardigan, also, of course giving you a little bit of height if youre on the smaller side (like me!) so its a win-win. 

Now for the people who like flats, I have found this gorgeous pair of white gladiator sandals with gold buckle detailing. I am in love with them and I am definitely going to have to buy them for myself. 
Sandal; £15.00

And then it was time for accessories, because of the neck line on the dress, I personally think there is too much going on up there for a necklace, but as your arms will hopefully be bare if its a warm sunny night a gold bracelet would be perfect. 

Bracelet; £4.00
This bracelet is absolutely to die for. I am in love with it! It is called the Lauren Coin Bracelet from Boohoo and it is so affordable. As you can very well see, it is a medium size gold chain with 9 gold coins coming off in differing sizes. The perfect way to tie this look together. 

So, apart from the cardigan everything is from Boohoo, which is an amazing website for affordable good quality clothing so I highly recommend it. 

Flat shoes outfit price - £48.99 High heeled outfit price - £48.99

So the flat shoes outfit came to a reasonable price with £1.01 to spare which could buy you a new nail varnish from MUA to match your outfit which would be rather nice. 

I also managed to spend the same amount on the heeled version of this outfit so once again a nice nail varnish wouldnt go a miss!

All links will be below, hope you enjoyed!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy, your blog looks wonderful and I can't wait to see more posts from you :-)

    That coin bracelet is beautiful and I've never seen anything quite like it before! I'm really into budget beauty and fashion and I have to say you did a great job putting this outfit together!

    I'm following you on twitter but I'd love to follow your blog via GFC or Bloglovin if you could let me know if you have those (I can't find the links on your blog).

    Feel free to take a peek at my blog too :-)

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hanna!

      Thankyou very much, as i'm new to this your comment means a lot! Especially from a blog as great as yours!

      Thank you for following on twitter, I will go on now and follow you back:)

      I have just got a Bloglovin widget so if you would like to follow me on there that would be amazing! I will hopefully try and get GFC once I know a bit more about it and how to work it!

      Brilliant blog, will definitely follow:)

      Delete
    2. little update, have now added the GFC widget:)

      Delete